When people book a service, they want to look and feel beautiful, and that starts long before they sit in the salon chair. How a salon looks and feels gives people their first impression of it immediately. Guests know the service will also be well-thought-out when the space is well-designed.
So, the interior design of a salon is a significant factor when a client is deciding whether or not to book an appointment. Some people may care most about cleanliness or comfort, while others want to feel welcome in a stylish or relaxing space. This year, the best salons will have interiors that appeal to all the senses and make it easy to see what their brand is all about. Here are six ideas that will help you do that.
Think about your theme
Before you buy furniture or paint, you need to decide on a theme for your salon. This will help you make a design that flows well and ensure that all the parts fit together well. When it comes to picking a theme, there are a lot of options, but here are some popular salon interior ideas:
• Sleek and modern: A sleek and stylish salon interior design is a classic that works for almost any type of salon. This theme is all about straight lines, simple decorations, and focusing on how things work. If you want your salon to feel calm and peaceful, use neutral colours like white, cream, and grey.
• Glamorous: If you want your salon to feel rich, you might want to go with a Hollywood theme. You can do this with many mirrors, sparkly details, and deep colours. For a luxurious or glam look, colours like emerald green, ruby red, and sapphire blue are good choices.
• Rustic chic: This style might be right for you if you want a more laid-back and natural look. Furniture made from reclaimed wood, stone floors, and simple decorations is often part of this style.
Plan your layout
The layout of your salon’s interior is just as important as the theme you pick. You will want to make a stylish and helpful space with enough room for all your tools and furniture. If you don’t know where to begin, keep these things in mind:
• Make separate areas: If you have a big salon, you might want to put different services in different areas. You could have a section for hair, one for nails, and one for makeup.
• Think about how people get around: It’s also essential to consider how people will move through your layout when making plans. You’ll want to make a space that is easy to move around in and doesn’t feel crowded or cluttered. For example, salon interior design ideas for a small space will differ from those for a larger space.
• Furniture placement: Place your furniture in a way that makes sense. For instance, if you have a reception area, you may want to put the desk near the front door.
Make your lights stand out
The lighting in your salon is vital for two reasons: it can help set the right mood and ensure that hair and makeup are done professionally.
For general lighting, you should put in lights that hang from the ceiling and spread light evenly throughout the room. But remember the accent lighting! Adding floor lamps, table lamps, or wall sconces that give off soft, indirect light can make a room feel warm and inviting.
Make sure each hair and makeup station has its light source that can be turned on and off as needed. This will make it easier for your stylists to see what they are doing and make sure that every customer leaves looking their best.
Raise your reception area
In 2022, well-designed salons will have fun, creative, and cosy spaces that feel like home. Casual, comfortable lounge areas are becoming more and more popular. A lounge area is warmer and friendlier than a reception with a tall, intimidating front desk.
With the right technology and a friendly front desk, your guests will feel as comfortable as they sit in a lounge chair in your salon. Guests can sit back, relax, check in from their phones, and get away, if only for a moment, from the stresses of everyday life.
A nicely designed lounge is also great for showing off your retail items. People who feel comfortable and at ease are more likely to look around, try out, and buy your products. Make space for people to shop that feels warm and inviting and doesn’t get in the way of them finding and looking at your products.
Spend money on good furniture
Lastly, it’s essential to choose furniture that is both nice-looking and useful. Whether you own a nail salon or a hair salon, you will need different furniture. Manicure tables, pedicure chairs, and nail polish racks are some of the essential things in your nail salon. Customers should be able to relax while getting their nails done, so ensure your manicure tables and chairs are comfortable and have enough room.
But hair salons and barbershops should focus on wash stations, styling chairs, and high-tech salon equipment like orbiting hair colour processors and hair dryers. Your hair chairs should be stylish and comfortable, and your wash and styling stations should be well-made.
After a tough time for the salon business, 2023 is a great time to find new ways to make your customers happy. Give them the attention they want by updating the look of your salon and using digital solutions that do everything. You and your guests can reach your full potential in 2023 and beyond with the right eye and plan.